Half day - Give Back to Nature Tour - winter 2021
- Duration: 5 Hours (approx.)
- Location: Owaka
- Product code: Half day GBTN
tour is for anyone with a reasonable level of fitness, who wishes to help
Yellow-eyed penguins. During this tour each person is given the opportunity to
plant natives and/or weed around existing plantings at the YEPT reserve. Join
the tour and help to create habitat for future generations of Hoiho so you can do
something positive for our endangered Yellow-eye penguin. Not only will get to
see an area not normally accessible to the general public but you will leave
he Catlins, knowing it is a better place because of your visit.The tour will last
approximately four hours, during which time you will spend up to two hours
working for wildlife, then you’ll enjoy a picnic lunch at either Long
Point or Purakanui Bay before heading to Shanks’ bush for a tour of an
established local conservation project.
· Care of wildlife briefing.
· Create habitat for local wildlife.
· Bird spotting on route to the penguin reserve.
· Picnic lunch at either Helena Falls or Purakanui Bay.
· Tour of Shank’s bush.
· Donation to a local conservation project.
What you take home:
· Information leaflet.
· Verification of donation certificate.
What to bring:
· sturdy footwear
· wet weather clothing
· warm clothing
· sunscreen, sun hat and woolen beanie
· any medications you may require